SUMMER SUMAC SALAD
Grapefruit, Watercress & Sumac Salad
The ribs from our last post really do pack a punch. In this second part, Jon recommends teaming them with a light and refreshing salad that’s full of seasonal summer ﬂavours.
INGREDIENTS Serves 4
4 chicory bulbs
5 pink grapefruits
2 medium red onions
100g caster sugar
1 lemon juiced
4g chilli flakes
150m olive oil
1. Segment thegrapefruits and then squeeze any remaining juices into a pan.
2. Add the sugar and chilli flakes and reduce until thickened.
3. Remove from the heat, stir in the sumac, squeeze in the lemon juice and slowly whisk in the oil. Leave to cool.
4. Thinly slice the onions and mix with the watercress and grapefruit segments.
5. Once the dressing is cool, add to the salad and toss.
Team with the delicious ribs and you’re sure to serve up a winner. Here at Dormy, we’re always on the hunt for the best recipes for you to take home and impress friends and family with.