SUMMER PUDS – PART 1
Vanilla & Yoghurt Panna Cotta with Summer Berry Infusion
No great barbecue is complete without a delicious summer dessert. Finish off your scrumptious Summer spread with this light and fruity dessert that everyone will love. Fresh from Dormy’s own Head Chef Jon Ingram, comes this fantastic recipe:
INGREDIENTS Serves 4-6
For the panna cotta
100g caster sugar
4 gelatine leaves
220g natural yoghurt
1 vanilla pod (halved)
For the infusion 200ml red wine
50ml good quality red wine vinegar
50ml Armagnac or brandy
100g caster sugar
1 star anise
150g mixed berries (frozen are fine)
1–2tsp icing sugar (to taste)
A handful of the mixed berries to garnish
1. To make the infusion, pour the red wine, red wine vinegar and Armagnac into a pan. Add the star anise and clove along with the sugar and bring to the boil.
2. Whizz the frozen berries in a blender and then push through a sieve to remove the seeds leaving you with a smooth pulp.
3. As soon as the infusion liquid starts to boil, take the pan off the heat and leave it to cool.
4. Once cool, strain the liquid through a clean sieve, removing the clove and star anise, and mix with the berry purée. Taste the infusion and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
5. For the panna cotta, add the milk, cream and split vanilla pod to a pan and bring to the boil.
6. Soak the gelatine in cold water then add the gelatine to the boiling liquid.
7. Set the pan aside and leave to cool to room temperature. Then add the yoghurt, stir well and pass through a fine sieve.
8. D ivide the liquid between 4–6 serving glasses and pop them into the fridge to set for as long as you can (overnight is ideal).
9. Sprinkle the leftover berries on top of the panna cotta, pour on the liquid infusion and enjoy!