A fairway to play…right next door!
We are blessed with a stunning private members’ golf club right next door to Dormy House.
The Dormy was once the club house for Broadway Golf Club and today we work in close partnership to ensure that hotel guests get special treatment when they want to play golf and stay.
A bit about Broadway Golf Club…
Broadway Golf Club was established in 1895, making it part of the prestigious 1895 Club, a consortium of 44 ancient golf clubs around the world. Its USP is its setting: 850 feet above sea level, high on the Cotswold escarpment, with views that take your breath away (if not the ball!)
This 6,228 yard course (Par 72 for men; Par 73 for ladies) makes clever use of natural contours. Rolling fairways are intersected by Cotswold dry-stone walls and undulating greens that test even the best of golfers. The Daily Telegraph once described Broadway’s 6th as one of the most challenging holes in the UK!
Please talk to Reception to book a round of nine or 18 holes or a practice session.
Need to know: Here are your crucial golf notes:
- You should be a competent golfer, willing to abide by the club rules and dress code – you will be a Broadway Golf Club member for the day
- A handicap certificate is not always necessary
- It will cost you just £25 to play 9 holes, £40 for 18 holes as a Dormy House guest midweek. (Prces for Sat, Sun & bank holidays £30 for 9 holes and £50 for 18 holes)
- We will be able to book your session, however there may be a short wait at busy periods, especially mornings
- Afternoon and twilight golf is more freely available
- Private coaching can be arranged with the Pro, Martyn Freeman. Please ask for rates
- The hotel can lend you golf clubs in a range of sizes
- Don’t forget to bring your golf shoes! (Or buy some from Pro Shop)
Find out more: www.broadwaygolfclub.co.uk